Comment on page
ImageKit provides an extension for Magento 2 to help you showcase products using high-quality images that load fast. The extension also provides Digital Assets Management.
Product images are the first thing shoppers want when they visit your store and a pixel-perfect first impression is crucial to driving conversions. Building your own, scalable, online store with thousands of high-quality, fast-loading, and responsive images is a breeze with ImageKit.
ImageKit provides an extension for Magento 2 that automatically updates all the image URLs in your entire store so that optimized images are fetched from ImageKit instead of your web server, ensuring better speed and search rankings. Additionally, you can dynamically create correctly-sized, responsive, and personalized product & marketing assets tailored to your campaigns and storefront - all within seconds and from a single master image. The extension also integrates ImageKit Media Library to help you leverage the complete suite of Digital Assets Management features.
composer require imagekit/imagekit-magento
php bin/magento maintenance:enable
php bin/magento setup:upgrade
php bin/magento setup:di:compile
php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
php bin/magento maintenance:disable
php bin/magento cache:flush
Once the extension is downloaded and installed, follow these steps:
- 1.In the Magento Admin Panel, select Stores**Configuration.**➡
- 2.On the Configuration page, open the ImageKit section in the left-hand sidebar and select Settings.
- 3.In the ImageKit Setup section of this page:
- 2.Set Enable** **ImageKit to Yes.
- 3.Further instructions to configure origin would be given in the ImageKit origin section
- 4.Once you have configured the origin in ImageKit Dashboard, set Configuration** **Complete to Yes.
- 5.Click the Save Config button at the top of the page.
- 4.Go to System**Cache Management **and refresh your configuration and page caches. From this point onwards, if the origin is configured, any new media assets you upload will be delivered via ImageKit.➡
Url Endpoints in ImageKit Dashboard
Origin Configuration Steps as shown on Extension Settings Page
The Configure Origin can be omitted if you only want to use assets imported from the ImageKit media library to be delivered via ImageKit. If not configured, the rest of the assets will be delivered using your Magento web server.
With ImageKit, you can add and deliver images. The ImageKit Dashboard has multiple options to change the behavior of the ImageKit extension when serving images. These are:
- Custom domain name - Ability to use the custom domain name to deliver media assets e.g. http://images.yourdomain.com.
- Automatic Image Format Optimization - Automatically deliver images converted to modern image formats based on viewing device and browser
- Image Quality - Adjust the quality of generated images to balance between visual quality and file size minimization
- ImageKit Media Library - ImageKit Extension integrates the ImageKit Media Library right into the CMS
Enjoy a fully featured ImageKit Media Library directly in Magento. Use the ImageKit Media Library UI to:
- Upload new images
- Search, update, rename, tag, and delete files
- Organize files in folders
- Tag files based on content
- Modify creatives with a powerful and user-friendly image editor
Look out for the “Add from ImageKit” button to launch the Media Library.
You can access it in the following places:
- Managing your catalog - Add category and product images to your catalog directly from the ImageKit Media Library.
- Managing your site content - Add media from ImageKit to all pages on your Magento site using the Media Library
You can import images from ImageKit Media Library directly to product pages.
While creating a product, you will find the Import From ImageKit button in the Images and Videos section.
Use the ImageKit Media Library to find the image you wish to add and click on Insert on the top right corner.
You can also select multiple images of a product at once.
Photo by Monstera from Pexels
You can also add images from ImageKit Media Library to the product description using the Add from ImageKit button in the Select Images modal.
Use the Media section of the Page Builder panel, you can add images, banners, or sliders from ImageKit to any layout container on the Page Builder stage. After adding a Media Block to the page builder stage, you’ll have the option to select the images from ImageKit.
For instance, to add an image from ImageKit, drag and drop an image block into the page builder stage, then click Select from Gallery. You can open the ImageKit Media Library to manage and insert your ImageKit images by clicking Add from ImageKit button.
You can also use ImageKit.io to deliver non-image type static assets like JS, CSS, or font files. Navigate to Stores
For Base URL for Static View Files, set
your_imagekit_url_endpoint_with_origin_configured/pub/static/depending on your setup.